School Modernization

Prior to its recent modernization, the Eliot-Hine Middle School campus consisted of four adjoining buildings. The original building was constructed in 1931, with additions constructed in 1936 and 1961. Although the buildings were adjoining, the levels of the 1961 additions were misaligned with the others, creating significant operational challenges. In addition, the building was significantly oversized.  

In the course of the modernization, the 1961 buildings were demolished. In their place, a new addition was built that better connects the campus, and provides ADA accessibility. The historic buildings were renovated and restored, creating a right-sized, unified building that has true community presence in the Capitol Hill area.

The modernized facility, completed in 2020, is now open and can accommodate up to 480 students. 

Learn more about the Eliot-Hine Modernization process.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.